Tuesday, June 23, 2009

the 2 things that Beth brought to class

Beth brought two things to class last night: one is the Tibetan Buddhist musical bowl and the other one is like a type of drum with a string.

I saw Beth coming into the classroom with it and I was going to ask her what it was but then we moved into another classroom to watch two movies, so I lost my trail of thought. But, then she brought it in at the end of class and demonstrated what those two things can do and I was so amazed.

It brought back memories from my childhood when I was living in Burma, my grandparents would meditate, pay respect to Buddha and then use a flat metal thing to make a musical sound like the last sound that Beth made with the Tibetan musical instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment